MAP S.Platis Graduate Training Programme: Train with Europe’s Best!
MAP S.Platis Group is looking to hire 30 graduate trainee consultants for both its Nicosia and Limassol offices as part of its Graduate Training Programme.
MAP S.Platis Group: Who we are
MAP S.Platis is one of Europe’s leading financial services consulting Groups, with offices in London, Brussels, Athens, Hong-Kong, Malta and Cyprus. Our clients include regulators, banks, funds and fund managers, investment firms, brokers, fintech firms, insurance firms and payment and electronic money institutions. Our expert teams provide unique and tailored solutions in licensing, regulatory compliance, risk management, internal audit, human resources, regulatory technology, information technology, business resilience, information security including cybersecurity, governance, executive training, and innovation consulting to financial institutions in the UK, the EU, Asia, the US and Australia. Given our vast regulatory compliance experience supporting local and international financial services institutions, continued interaction with regulatory authorities, multidisciplinary and diverse teams of professionals, unparalleled track record, global network of associates and wealth of resources, our internationally recognised and award-winning teams can support any client’s regulatory needs efficiently and effectively.
With an impeccable success rate, MAP S.Platis has been responsible for over 60% of all licenses issued by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC) under the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID). Our portfolio of clients includes some of the largest and most successful financial services companies in the world engaged in brokerage, investment advice, asset management, banking and payment services.
Currently MAP S.Platis Group consists of over a 400 high-calibre experts and professionals including one of the strongest financial regulation research teams in the EU.
Our Graduate Training Programme
We have designed the Graduate Training Programme to ensure our graduates obtain the necessary professional and academic qualifications whilst ensuring that they obtain a wide range of practical experience by working with our teams, liaising directly with clients and regulators, working as part of a team and under the supervision and guidance of a team leader.
The Programme runs in all Group locations and across Group Companies, lasts 30 months and on successful completion our graduates will become qualified Consultants. The Programme aptly prepares graduates for a career as a Governance, Risk and Compliance consultant or as an Internal Auditor or as a Risk Management Consultant or as Licensing Consultant in the global financial services industry.
Being a graduate trainee
Being a graduate trainee involves playing an active part in MAP S.Platis Group client services team, which will include research, writing and presentation skills, liaising with and responding to clients, regulators and other stakeholders.
In order to develop your knowledge and skills, you will be expected to complete a range of academic and professional training courses, including qualifications.
- The role includes implementing compliance frameworks at newly authorised firms and reviewing existing frameworks in established firms as well as visiting both new and existing clients regularly (face to face and virtually) to review their compliance arrangements, discuss areas of regulatory concern and assist with problem solving. During your training, you will be under the supervision of a unit supervisor and will be buddied up with a more experienced consultant.
- The role will require you to be able to present opinions, conclusions and findings in a clear and concise manner (orally and in writing) to Group staff and external stakeholders at various levels of seniority.
- You will be expected to be an active participant in the marketing and business development of the firm in order to contribute to the continued success and development of our Group and our service offerings.
- We are looking for individuals with strong intellect and a strong academic record. High 2:1 or First-Class honours Degree or equivalent or up to 3-years’ experience working in a CySEC regulated business, financial services consultancy or the legal industry. We will also consider high quality applicants with experience in other professional services firms.
- Any relevant work experience in a corporate environment or the financial services sector would be an advantage.
- Team spirit, good problem-solving abilities and willingness to study and develop.
- Dynamism and ability to deliver results in a timely manner.
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate with impact.
- Computer literate, including with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel).
- Competitive remuneration package, including discretionary performance-related bonus.
- Governance, Risk and Compliance Master-level qualification by the European Institute of Management & Finance (EIMF).
- CISI Qualification: Investment Operation Certificate to include following:
- Global Financial Compliance or Risk in Financial Services
- International Introduction to Securities and Investment
- FCA UK regulation
- European institute of Management & Finance (EIMF) and London Governance and Compliance Academy (LGCA) online professional courses to include:
- Financial Regulation, Risk and Compliance
- FCA, ESMA relevant laws
- Business Innovation, Teamwork, Ethics and Integrity
- CySEC Advance Regulation Certificate
- International Governance and Compliance Association (AGRC) free membership for the duration of the GTP
- Experience of working in a client services team providing our clients with timely and relevant solutions
- On-the-job training monitored by a team manager.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
Interested Applicants should apply by clicking on the below Apply button.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
MAP S.Platis is an equal opportunities employer.