MGR Human Resources Ltd is a leading, licensed private employment agency and a member of MAP S.Platis Group. We are looking to hire Social Workers for the Asylum Support Office in all cities of Cyprus.
The successful candidates will work for the awarded contract for the Provision of Interim Services to the European Asylum Support Office (EASO). EASO is an EU Regulatory Agency headquartered in Malta whose mandate is to strengthen EU Member States’ practical cooperation on asylum, to support Member States whose asylum systems are under particular pressure and to enhance the implementation of the Common European Asylum System.
Main Duties & Responsibility Areas:
- Welcoming new arrivals of Asylum Seekers
- Providing information to applicants
- Managing individual social cases
- Assessing special needs and referral to relevant services
- Organising resident meetings
- Providing support in reception matters
- Organising several activities for the Asylum Seekers
- Fulfilling daily and weekly routines
- Keeping detailed time attendance
- Participating in briefings and meetings
- Reporting and liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- Relevant academic background would be considered as an advantage
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Experience in reception centres for applicants for international protection would be considered as an advantage
- Good knowledge of the legal international and European framework regarding international protection
- Good knowledge of the Common European Asylum System
- Good intercultural communication skills.
- Excellent communication skills in Greek and in English (both oral and written).
- Experience in coping with potentially stressful and tense situations
- Organisational skills
- Being flexible and able to work in different settings
- Being able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Capable to work in multi-disciplinary teams in a multi-cultural environment
- Knowledge of languages regularly spoken by applicants is an advantage (e.g. Arabic, Sorani, French)
The position offers a competitive remuneration package based on qualifications and experience.
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
MGR is an equal opportunities employer