MAP S.Platis, the leading financial services consultancy Group in the region, is seeking to recruit experienced Senior Consultants for its regulatory compliance team. By joining the dynamic MAP S.Platis team, the successful candidates will have unique profile building and career growth opportunities in a fast growing sector, working alongside highly experienced specialists and consultants and dealing with a reputable global clientele.
- Draft, review and update manuals, policies, processes and procedures with respect to the operations of investment firms.
- Perform regular monitoring by following a Compliance Monitoring Programme to ensure that compliance standards and obligations of investment firms are adhered to.
- Lead onsite and desk based inspections on regulatory compliance matters.
- Ensure investment firms fulfil their annual obligations and licence conditions.
- Provide advice and solutions to investment firms on regulatory compliance queries/issues.
- Lead a regulatory compliance experts team, coordinate with other departments (legal & corporate, accounting & tax, capital adequacy, internal audit etc.) and develop strong working relationships.
- Communicate on behalf of investment firms with the Cyprus Securities & Exchange Commission and other local and EU authorities.
- Communicate with personnel and management of investment firms.
- Provide guidance and assistance to investment firms regarding client complaints.
- Prepare applications, notifications and record updates for the Cyprus Securities & Exchange Commission (CySEC) on behalf of investment firms.
- Draft and review annual reports on Compliance, Risk Management, Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and related matters.
- Review and analyse new regulations and advise how these are impacting investment firms.
- Develop compliance and AML training material and perform ongoing compliance training to investment firms’ personnel.
- Lead AML checks and reviews and undertake client identification and due diligence of investment firms’ clients.
Knowledge Areas – Regulatory Frameworks:
- Markets in Financial Instruments (MiFID I, MiFID II, MiFIR).
- European Markets Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR).
- Anti-Money Laundering.
- Alternative Investment Funds and Fund Managers (AIF and AIFMD).
- Market Manipulation and Insider Dealing.
- Undertakings of Collective Investments in Transferable Securities (UCITS).
- Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) / Common Reporting Standard (CRS).
The candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- Up-to-date knowledge on relevant regulatory standards and best practice trends.
- Practical exposure to MiFiD.
- Providing effective leadership and direction to other team members.
- Well-developed forward planning, analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Team spirit, excellent problem-solving abilities and willingness to study and develop.
- Dynamism and ability to deliver results in a timely manner.
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills.
- Using inclusive management practices and developing a supportive management style to achieve desired outcomes.
- Excellent client relation and management skills.
- Communicating effectively, both in writing and verbally in Greek and English and have strong listening and negotiating skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business, Finance, Accounting, Risk Management, Law or related discipline from a reputable university.
- ACA/ACCA/CFA or Master’s degree in a related field would be considered as an advantage.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in the financial services sector.
- CySEC certificates for the provision of investment services would be considered as an advantage.
- A competitive remuneration package
- 13th salary
- Fully paid medical coverage
- Provident Fund
- Performance based annual bonus
- A rewarding company culture and highly motivated environment
- Opportunities for career and personal growth
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted
MAP S.Platis is an equal opportunities employer