MAP S.Platis, the leading financial services consultancy Group in the region, is seeking to recruit a Group Chief Legal Officer. By joining the dynamic MAP S.Platis team, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a fast growing sector, working alongside highly experienced specialists and consultants and dealing with a reputable global clientele.
Main Duties & Responsibility Areas:
- Providing legal advice to the Group’s management and Board of Directors for any matters that may arise.
- Providing internal legal advice related to Joint Ventures, mergers and acquisitions, registration of new companies, etc.
- Actively participating in high level planning and strategic meetings and providing legal inputs.
- Ensuring the legality of the Group’s business practices and compliance.
- Liaising with local and overseas lawyers on legal matters
- Researching, anticipating and guarding the Group against legal risks.
- Reviewing, drafting, revising, negotiating and concluding any type of legal agreements and documents.
- Formulate, advice and / or review all contract agreements between the Group and third parties to ensure that the company’s interest is protected.
- Developing Group policies on an array of matters.
- Assessing the impact of forthcoming regulations issued on national, European and international level.
- Serving as the primary legal support in relation to client’s requests.
- Involved in any ad-hoc projects and providing advice accordingly.
- Law degree is a must, preferably from a reputable English-speaking university.
- Master of laws or Barrister-at-law.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience and understanding in specific areas of law:
- Financial services (advantage)
- Data protection and privacy (advantage)
- Intellectual Property
- Proven track record of delivering successful business outcomes, as well as in management and administration at senior level.
- Excellent command of the English and Greek language, both written and spoken.
- Experience as an in-house lawyer and in the professional services industry would be considered advantages.
- Experience in working with international law firms will be considered an advantage.
The ideal candidate should be able to:
- Fit into the Group’s culture and be motivated and committed.
- Adapt to changing circumstances and prioritise and organise tasks and resources.
- Work under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Communicate and collaborate efficiently and effectively with colleagues and clients.
- Apply strong liaison and negotiation skills within and outside the Group.
- A competitive remuneration package based on qualifications and experience.
- 13th salary.
- Fully paid medical coverage.
- Provident Fund.
- Performance based annual bonus.
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
MAP S.Platis is an equal opportunities employer.