MGR Human Resources Ltd is a leading, licensed private employment agency and a member of MAP S.Platis Group. We are looking to hire Caseworkers for the Asylum Support Office in all cities of Cyprus.
The successful candidates will work for the awarded contract for the Provision of Interim Services to the European Asylum Support Office (EASO). EASO is an EU Regulatory Agency headquartered in Malta whose mandate is to strengthen EU Member States’ practical cooperation on asylum, to support Member States whose asylum systems are under particular pressure and to enhance the implementation of the Common European Asylum System.
Main Duties & Responsibility Areas:
- Working as a member of an international team of experts on the processing of applications for international protection
- Following the relevant detailed Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Following the guidelines and instructions of the appointed team leader
- Conducting interviews of applicants for international protection
- Preparing opinions on applications for international protection
- Working under the guidance and instructions of the appointed team leader
- Working in close consultation with the vulnerability experts
- Researching Country of Origin Information for the needs of the processed cases
- Participating in trainings, workshops and meetings
- Keeping updated, maintaining excellent understanding of and implementing all developments in guidance, quality feedback, SOPs, etc
- Conducting vulnerability assessments and best interest assessments, working in close consultation with the case workers where needed
- Reviewing consistently transcripts of interviews
- Drafting opinions of the team members, and providing guidance and instructions to them,
- Ensuring correct implementation of the Standard Operating Procedures and of all EASO quality guidance
- Supporting the Field Coordinator on quality issues, provide regular analytical and statistical reports of provided services and challenges
- Ensuring cooperation with interpreters
- Liaising with the field coordinator for feedback when needed
- Performing daily administrative tasks, necessary to complete the case’s file, as needed
- Performing any other tasks in the interest of the service, relevant for the specific profile
- University degree in Law, Political, Humanitarian, Social studies, or other related discipline.
- Master’s degree in a related field would be considered as an advantage.
- Previous experience in relevant tasks will be considered as an advantage
- Very good understanding of the Cypriot migration and asylum context
- Excellent communication skills in Greek and in English (both oral and written).
- Computer literate, including MS Office applications (Word, Excel), use of internet and web based applications
- Excellent intercultural and communication skills
- Analytical skills and ability to work as a member of team
- Mobility and flexibility
The position offers a competitive remuneration package based on qualifications and experience.
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
MGR is an equal opportunities employer