MAP S.Platis, the leading financial services consultancy Group in the region, is seeking to recruit Assistant Consultants for its regulatory compliance team. By joining the dynamic MAP S.Platis team, the successful candidates will have unique profile building and career growth opportunities in a fast growing sector, working alongside highly experienced specialists and consultants and dealing with a reputable global clientele.
Main Duties & Responsibility Areas:
- Draft, review and update manuals, policies, processes and procedures with respect to the operations of investment firms.
- Perform regular monitoring by following a Compliance Monitoring Programme to ensure that compliance standards and obligations of investment firms are adhered to.
- Support Senior Consultants with onsite and desk-based inspections on regulatory compliance matters.
- Ensure investment firms fulfil their annual obligations and licence conditions.
- Provide advice and solutions to investment firms on regulatory compliance queries/issues.
- Provide support to the compliance expert team, help to coordinate with other departments (legal & corporate, accounting & tax, capital adequacy, internal audit etc.) and develop strong working relationships.
- Communicate on behalf of investment firms with the Cyprus Securities & Exchange Commission and other local and EU authorities.
- Communicate with personnel and management of investment firms.
- Provide guidance and assistance to investment firms regarding client complaints.
- Prepare applications, notifications and record updates for the Cyprus Securities & Exchange Commission (CySEC) on behalf of investment firms.
- Work closely with a Senior Consultant to draft and review annual reports on Compliance, Risk Management, Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and related matters.
- Review and analyse new regulations and advise how these are impacting investment firms.
- Develop compliance and AML training material and support with ongoing compliance training to investment firms’ personnel.
- Support AML checks and reviews and undertake client identification and due diligence of investment firms’ clients.
The candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge in regulatory frameworks, such as AML, KYC, MiFiD, EMIR etc.
- Active interest in relevant regulatory standards and best practice trends.
- Knowledge of the financial services sector, gained ideally from working in corporate environments.
- Strong organisational, analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Ability to take ownership and find solutions to problems.
- Team spirit and willingness to study and develop either on the job or shadowing senior consultants.
- Dynamism and ability to deliver results in a timely manner.
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent client relation skills.
- Communicating effectively, both in writing and verbally in Greek and English and have strong listening and influencing skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Mathematics, Business, Finance, Accounting, Risk Management, Law or a related discipline from a reputable university.
- First or Upper second class honours
- Master’s degree in a related field would be considered as an advantage.
- 1-2 years of professional experience in a corporate environment would be considered as an advantage.
- CySEC certificates (Basic or Advanced) for the provision of investment services would be considered as an advantage.
- A competitive remuneration package
- 13th salary
- Fully paid medical coverage
- Provident Fund
- Performance based annual bonus
- A rewarding company culture and highly motivated environment
- Opportunities for career and personal growth
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted
MAP S.Platis is an equal opportunities employer